Friday, February 28, 2014

More (Mostly Mozart) Operas Online – For Now

Like the clip I posted the other day, I don’t want to provide too much in this post to ID these videos, because it seems that sometimes when I provide a lot of information (which I always think is handy), they get pulled down quickly. I guess someone important must be following my blog!!

Some of these may stick around a while, and some may disappear tomorrow. So while you can, here are a few that (for various reasons) I encourage you to check out: 











(This photo is not from this production. 
In fact, I’m not 100% sure it's from a production of Traviata.)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you! That Bregenz thing look very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. The productions at Bregenz are fun, though not always the best, They definitely put on a spectacle!

      Delete
  2. They do seem to care that we're linking to them. I'll try to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to be vague in referring to them, as I feel a duty to opera lovers to help seek out these recordings. But I fear that my loud proclamation about a certain production may have led the opera company right to the source, since the video disappeared within less than 24 hours of my post. (Same Opera Company that helped get me booted off YT). I guess I should be flattered that A Major Opera Company is tracking my blog...it makes me feel important and influential, but not very :-)

      Delete
  3. Santa Fe had a production of La Traviata that involved boxes with women standing on them. Natalie Dessay was Violetta. This might be it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense. I am not even going to begin to ponder how YT managed to connect that photo with this production...

      Delete
  4. Hello. My name is Igor, I’m the owner of the blog http://soviet-tenors.blogspot.com
    I have a request to you, if I please you can wer exchange links of our sites by addiding at the links’ section.
    All the best
    Igor

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...