Monday, November 25, 2013

Shadow Envy

Sara Krulwich/The New York Times
Two of my blog buddies (and many others) have recently seen Die Frau Ohne Schatten at the Met in NYC, and I am feeling a bit left out. Like the Empress, I am looking for a shadow. Actually, I found a not-too-awful transfer on the TOOB of the rather amazing 1992 Salzburg production conducted by Sir Georg Solti and directed by Götz Friedrich. (A very Yenta-y Nurse, and strikingly heroic Emperor are just two of the delights of this recording!) This will tide me over for a bit. Here’s Act 1:




Photo: Wilfried Hösl
Meanwhile, next Sunday (December 1), there's a must see live broadcast from the Bayerische Staatsoper in Munich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...