Sunday, December 1, 2013

Die Frau Ohne Schatten in Munich – Follow Up

Since I postponed my weekend travel till tomorrow (Monday), I was able to catch some of Richard Strauss' Die Frau Ohne Schatten from Munich on Staatsopertv.de. 

Unfortunately the sound and video were out of sync for most of Act 2, and I could never get Act 3 to start (I made the mistake of pausing during the intermission feature!) 

What I heard was very good, and what I saw was very interesting (I did manage to see the toy-boy (and falcon-toy-boy) scenes.) I also thought the use of projections was really effective. I am sure it will show up somewhere soon for re-viewing. Meanwhile, what did you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...