Friday, March 1, 2013

Gratuitous Friday Special Edition – Nina Stemme and the Wesendonck Lieder – Complete

I posted Im Triebhaus last week, but I just had to share all five songs with my readers. Here is the complete set of Wagner's Wesendonck Lieder sung by Nina Stemme, with Josef de Beenhouwer at the piano, and recorded in 2003. 

Frau Stemme's voice is so full and strong, yet so delicate. She is a consummate Wagner and Strauss singer, lacking only that heavy, wobbly, old-fashioned Wagnerian sound. And that's a good thing! (Don't forget to check out her Turandot broadcast, too!)

I. Der Engel

 II.Stehe Still

III. Im Triebhaus:

IV. Schmerzen

V. Träume

I originally thought this was a live recital, but I believe it's a commercial recording. I found a review of it at MusicWeb International. As far as I can tell you can only purchase it from the company that issues it: Phaedra.

Ms. Stemme recently made her debut as Turandot. Listen to her In questa reggia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...