Wednesday, August 14, 2013

...and in other news:

I don’t usually lift full, unedited items from other bloggers, but this one from Parterre Box was too good not to share. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“schau sie an, ein gefangener der gosse”

In a starling last-minute change of programming, the Salzburg Festival has canceled all further performances of the critically-reviled Peter Stein production of Don Carlos. Weltstars Anja Harteros and Jonas Kaufmann will instead perform My Fair Lady (pictured).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Thomas Hampson would be an awesome Henry Higgins!!

8 comments:

  1. Wart's nur ap, Henry Higgins, Wart's nur ap. Deine Traenen werden fliessen nicht zu knapp." Or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es grünt so grün, wenn Spaniens Blühten blühen

      Delete
    2. Ich sehe Kraehen in der Naehe. Sorry. No umlauts.

      Delete
  2. Hilarious! (If I lose sleep trying to translate My Fair Lady into German, I'm blaming you both.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't lose too much sleep! I'm sure you can track down a translation online. Ages ago, my Dad brought me a 45 rpm EP from Germnany with four songs from the German dubbed soundtrack to the movie.
      Es grunt so grun
      Ware Det Nicht Wundascheen
      Ich bin gewohnt an ihr Gesicht
      and one more...I forget

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNxAoEQ2CKY

      Delete
    2. Ich hat' getanzt heut' Nacht!

      Delete
  3. I was in a German production. it stays with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. And I hear ya! I was in a Nozze di Figaro sung in English, and it's really hard to get those lyrics out of your head!

      Delete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...