Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Gratuitous Luca Pisaroni Post – Rossini: Stabat Mater


photo copyright (c) Pietro Spagnoli


I don't know about you, but I can never get enough of Luca Pisaroni's smooth warm bass-baritone voice. Here are two movements from Rossini's Stabat Mater. This was recorded in concert last year with the Cleveland Orchestra and Chorus, led by Franz Welser-Möst




If player does not appear, click here.



IV. Aria (Bass)


Pro peccatis suae gentis
For the sins of His people
vidit Jesum in tormentis
she saw Jesus in torment
et flagellis subditum!
and subjected to the scourge.
Vidit suum dulcem Natum
She saw her sweet Son
moriendo desolatum,
dying, forsaken,
dum emisit spiritum.
while He gave up His spirit.



V. Chorus & Recitative (Bass)


Eia, Mater, fons amoris,
O Mother, fountain of love,
me sentire vim doloris
make me feel the power of sorrow,
fac ut tecum lugeam.
that I may grieve with you.
Fac ut ardeat cor meum
Grant that my heart may burn
in amando Christum Deum
in the love of the Lord Christ
ut sibi complaceam.
that I may greatly please Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...