Sunday, May 19, 2013

Gratuitous Malin Hartelius & Anna Bonitatibus Post – Rossini's Stabat Mater

Because I finally figured a way to embed sound files in my blog posts...

...here is the soprano duet from Rossini's Stabat Mater, with Franz Welser-Most and the Cleveland Orchestra. Heavenly!  





III. Duet (Soprano I & Soprano II)

Quis est homo, qui non fleret,
Who is the man who would not weep
Christi Matrem si videret
if seeing the Mother of Christ
in tanto supplicio?
in such agony?
Quis non posset contristari,
Who would not have compassion
piam Matrem contemplari
on beholding the devout mother
dolentum cum Filio?
suffering with her Son?



If player does not appear above, click here.


I also got the Martin Mitterutzner clip back up! 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Have you tried Sound Cloud?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not. Thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out!

      Delete
  2. Yes, a great performance!!!! born to sing Rossini...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome! They won't be moderated; but rude, abusive, and/or radically off-topic posts will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...